Appearances, Podcasts, and Bylines
I’m an award-winning essayist, self-help, non-fiction, young adult fiction author, and public speaker.
- I write about loss, recovery, and moving through the world with scars. I write about the supernatural about things unseen yet acutely felt.
- I host a series of self-help, intuitive and healing workshops called the Real, Not Perfect Academy and the Real, Not Perfect Lab.
- I have monthly free Ladies Who Lunch live zoom webinars (all are welcome).
- I co-lead writers retreats with New York Times Bestselling Author Nova Ren Suma.
- My work in Image Comics GLITTERBOMB series won a Barnes and Noble Best of Graphic Novel award, a Barnes and Noble Best of Scifi award, and high marks at COMICON. We also earned Book Riots list “25 of the Best Comics About Social Justice for Every Reader.” My essay about sexual harassment on a Hollywood set went viral two years before MeToo!.
CNN, On The Story with Erica Hill
Stay Tuned 5 new podcast appearances coming your way infall of 2022
In Alphabetical Order:
Astrology Look Inside This podcast has so many new insights about joy, astrology, how we value money and ourselves. I think you’ll enjoy it!
Divorce and Beyond Podcast with Susan Guthrie
My Divorce Solution
Healthy Gypsy Podcast
Just a Little More Joy, with Kyle Moss
My Weirdest Experience, with Tina Clarke
Self Love Ignited, with Katie Allen I loved talking with Katie and found myself over-sharing. Please listen in to our shared stories and vulnerability when it comes to all things self-worth, self-love, and body image.
The Self Podcast Kristy Martin and I talk about embracing who you are, identifying when you’re in the space of being lost, and redefining yourself
Strong Talk- With Trish Nancoo
Toxic Person Proof with Sarah K. Ramsey
Two Sisters Podcast- find them on Facebook
Personal Essays— in alphabetical order of publication:
Freelance writer for My School Rocks Magazine
Contributed to: What Was I Thinking? 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories, various newspapers, and ezines.
Other essays appear under pseudonym and can be furnished upon request.
Wolf a Modern Tale
1-800 Wings, Infomercial
Stone Crown Review:
Expressing Motherhood, National Play about Motherhood
Coffee and Kink:
Featured guest on Coffee and Kink with the title of the essay – “I Wish I Could Masturbate Like A Man“
GLITTERBOMB is one of Barnes and Noble’s Best Comics & Graphic Novels of 2017
GLITTERBOMB reviews at COMICON 2018
Image Comics– contributed back matter essays.
GLITTERBOMB Series 2, THE FAME GAME: The series continues with great reviews!
Matt Chats: Interview with Jim Zub
“The backmatter from Holly Raychelle Hughes really matches what’s occurring in the comic. How did she become part of the team?
While doing my research on mistreatment in Hollywood I came across Holly’s essay posted on XOJane.
The article was filled with creepy interactions that felt like the kind of thing I’d been putting together for Glitterbomb. Even more chilling, it was all real. I bookmarked it and thought about the possibility of including back matter in our series, something in a similar vein – Tell-all stories ripping the veil off Tinseltown.”
From Comic Book Corps:
“Jim Zub, Djibril Morissette-Phan, K. Michael Russell, and Holly Raychelle Hughes have crafted a phenomenal arc. The story, art, and back matter are all a great combination. The essays in the back of each issue highlight how cruel and unforgiving Hollywood can be. There may not be a literal demons in Hollywood but there are some heartless and manipulative people, and that is much worst. This series is more relevant now because of all the dirt that is coming to the light today in Hollywood. I know there are a lot of stories vying for attention on the comic stands today, but do yourself a favor and read this. It is entertaining, the art is amazing, and it is also educational due to the informative back matter.”
• Adventures In Poor Taste: 8.5/10 “Unexpected twists and impressive artwork close this series on a high-note; the Glitterbomb team continues to impress.”
• Comic Book Corps: 9/10 “…do yourself a favor and read this. It is entertaining, the art is amazing, and it is also educational due to the informative back matter.”
• Horror Talk: 8/10 “…a timely, unsettling look at how we perceive fame in today’s society. It will have you thinking twice before tuning into the local news or clicking on that juicy headline.”
• Outright Geekery: 9.4/10 “If you love horror, crime, or suspense this is the book for you. This was tailor made for the mature reader and it’s such a great chance to read something out of the norm.”
• Oregon Live: “Glitterbomb has been about darkness, discomfort and dissatisfaction, about how pop culture and tabloid media are a sickness. It’s a depressing book, but it’s one we need right now.”